What is Physiotherapy?
Physical therapy is used to improve a patient's physical functions through physical examination, diagnosis, prognosis, physical intervention, rehabilitation and patient education to improve or restore a patients quality of life. In addition to clinical practice, other activities encompassed in the physical therapy profession include research, education, consultation and administration.
Physiotherapy treats conditions such as chronic or acute pain, soft tissue injuries, cartilage damage, arthritis, gait disorders and physical impairments typically of musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, neurological and endocrinologist origins.
We are a boutique and small clinic with your best interests at heart, living in the community for the community. Services offered at Rooted Shala Physiotherapy include and are not limited to....
- Manual therapy (deep tissue massage, sports massage/ trigger point therapy/Acupressure/Trigger point therapy/ Fascia release)
- Fascia Therapy
- Muscle energy release,
- Active and passive lengthening of muscles
- Exercise therapy (focused exercise plan to work on your health goals based on assessment)
- Electro therapy (TENS, Ultrasound, neuro-muscular electrical stimulation etc.)
- Yoga therapy and energy work
- Expert advise
- Rehabilitation (Cardiopulmonary/ Neurological/ Musculoskeletal/ Multi system/ Pediatrics)
- Vestibular (Vertigo) Assessment and Treatment
Charlotte takes a biological, social and psychological approach to your health needs with expertise in neurological rehabilitation.
Why choose mobile Physiotherapy?
Let Charlotte come to you so you can concentrate on healing allowing you to relax post treatment - especially during the winter, let Charlotte take the stress out of winter driving so you can stay in a rest and relax response post treatment, enabling healing to take place.
Having Charlotte come into your home is more productive and more realistic - being able to work with what you already have in your home, making your treatment more individual and focused on you and your environment.
Have childcare issues or work from home? Allow Charlotte to come to you, perhaps more than one member of the family needs Physiotherapy?
Charlotte will bring the tools with her that she needs, like a portable massage table, electro-therapy modalities etc.